Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mini Front and Backs ... Jungle Monkeys!

Hello Ai fans!!

This week Art Impressions released some new Mini Front and Back stamp sets.  I'm sharing an older, but still SO adorable set.  This one is called Mini Front and Backs  Owl and Monkey Mini Set (Sku#4405).


This card has its issues...Since it's a front and back card I had to try to line up the leaves on the front and back as well as the animals.  Most of them were pretty close.  A few didn't line up so I had to color them with copics so you wouldn't see the white portions of the paper.



I spent about 5 hours making this and overall I'm pleased.  I'm willing to overlook the little flaws due to the overall CUTE factor of the monkeys! I used a strand of burlap to create a vine for one of them to hang from.


The "What's Up?" verse is from the SC6049 Ai His & Hers Flying High set available at Michael's.


I don't normally do a tent style card for a F and B but I didn't like the way it looked as a standard card so I made it open upwards.
This is the inside of the front. I love the little monkeys hanging on the vine and peeking from the trees!



There's a palm tree die that I've had my eye on but for now, it's not in the budget.  I don't think what I created by hand and from my Sizzix Jungle Leaves die is all that bad though!

Here's the inside where it can be personalized.


The "let's hang out" verse comes with the monkey.


I've entered the following challenges...

A Creative Romance: A Touch of Kraft
Creative Corner Challenges: Cutsie Animals
Incy Wincy Designs: Cute Critters (I won!)
Sweet Stampin': Leaves
Tinker-Dream: Animal Motif

Supplies used:




7 comments:

Lin said...

This is really, really cute. I adore that vine that you have the little monkey hanging from. I can see the hours you have put into this card.

Thanks for sharing in our 'dry embossing' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Kim x said...

This is just fabulous Hun, well worth all of the effort.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
hugs Kimx

Suze Bain said...

What a super 3D card, those palm trees are fab! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Xx

cass said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week.

Rachel said...

Love, love, love this card! Soooo cute!

Thank you for joining us in the great outdoors at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH...this is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love those cute monkeys ;) Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week xoxox

berucrafts said...

Hi Reneé, THANKS so much for playing with us. Please visit us, to see, what you win :) We are glad to see more from you in an other challenge :) Hugs Ute bastel-traum.ch